Master switch: controls General mode and output selection.
Auxiliary switch: controls Flash mode and output selection.
With the light off, press and hold the master switch for 0.5 seconds to enter into General mode, press and hold the auxiliary switch for 0.5 seconds to enter into Strobe.
With the light on, press and hold the master or auxiliary switch for 0.5 seconds to turn off the light.
In General mode, click the auxiliary switch to enter into Strobe.
In Flash mode, click the master switch to enter into General mode.
In General mode, click the master switch to cycle through Eco→Low→Mid→High→Turbo.
In Flash mode, click the auxiliary switch to cycle through Strobe→SOS.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The flashlight remembers the last brightness level used in the General mode, the next time it is turned on, it will recall that previously used brightness level.
Lock: Simultaneously press the two switches for 3 seconds (when the light is unlocked), the light will blink twice at Low and then go out.
Unlock: Simultaneously press the two switches for 3 seconds (when the light is locked), the light will be unlocked and power on the last-used output level.
Note: In locked state, the light only responds unlocking operation, press on any switch, the light will blink twice at Low to remind the light is under locked state.
Intelligent Over-heat Protection
The light will accumulate a lot of heat when it is working at Turbo or High output levels. When it is detected at 65℃ or above, the light will automatically and gradually lower the output to prevent overheating. The brightness will automatically return to the normal level if the light is detected below 65℃.
Battery Level Indicator
There are four LED indicator lights at the tail of the flashlight. Click the round tail switch the indicator lights will be on for three seconds. The more indicators are lit up, the more battery power will remain. Like this, four indicators illume indicating at least 80% power remaining, one illumes indicating more than 20% remaining, and one flashes indicating 20% at most.
When the battery voltage is extremely low, the light will turn off automatically to protect the Li-ion battery from being damaged.
When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until to the lowest output to remind you to recharge the flashlight. To ensure normal use, the flashlight will not turn off automatically until Over-discharge Protection stops the battery from working.
Charging and Discharging
Plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet and confirm the LED indicator on the power adapter is solid yellow. Uncover the round charging port of the flashlight tail and connect it to the power adapter. Then the four blue indicator lights at the tail of the flashlight flash clockwise, indicating the charging process has begun. All the four blue lights turn solid when charging is completely done. The normal charging time is about 3.5 hours.
Connect other device to the USB port of the flashlight. Then press and hold the round tail switch for one second, the four blue indicator lights start to flash counterclockwise, indicating the discharging process has begun. The max loading capacity is 5V/1.5A.
- Once charging is completed, be sure to plug the anti-dust covered.
- Charge the light when it is off to permit full and fast recharging.
- When charging and discharging is simultaneously detected, charging is prior to discharging.
- Please recharge a stored RC40 every four months to maintain optimum performance of the battery.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare.
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the flashlight’s performance as dirty contacts may cause the flashlight flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
Reason A: The battery lacks power.
Solution: Recharge the flashlight.
Reason B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don’t work, please refer to the warranty policy before contacting your authorized distributor.